No five card last week. Why? Well, I’d like to tell you I was engaged in a grim fight to the death with a twenty-foot monster shark off the coast of Australia, but that would be a tall tale. Truth is, I just plum forgot. Not that anyone reads this shit anyway. Most of the basura (Spanish for garbage) I pen is for my own amusement. Whether anyone finds it remotely interesting or entertaining is irrelevant.
Okay ramblers, let’s get rambling. The week 9 studs are:
5) Joseph Addai – Little Joe has not yet surpassed 100 yards rushing in a game this season. However, he has gotten 20 carries in each of the last two games. This week he cracks the century mark: 105 yards and a sixer.
4) Dwayne Bowe – The Chiefs are pretty terrible. We all know this. But Bowe is pretty damn good. The Jaguars secondary has issues. Big Dwayne will make them pay: 113 yards and a touchdown.
3) Jonathan Stewart – The Saints defense really missed Sedrick Ellis last week. Michael Turner ran wild. This week they draw the resurgent duo of DeAngelo and Jonathan. Not good. Stew goes off: 115 and a trip six.
2) Malcolm Floyd – The Giants secondary got torched for a third consecutive week in losing to the Eagles. They pretty much suck. Chrissy Chambers got dumped by the Bolts, which means Malcolm is now a starter. Hello big game: 92 yards and a score.
1) Alex Smith – I’m not sold on the Titans. Despite an impressive win last week, they are still abysmal. Hard to fathom, but Alex has looked pretty, pretty okay the last two games. He’ll look even better on Sunday: 278 yards and 2 TD tosses.
I’m doneski, boys and girl. It’s late as I type this and I haven’t drank nearly enough today, so it’s off to the local watering hole. Speaking of bar songs, even though I wasn’t, here’s a humdinger I heard just last week. I think you are all familiar with a little band called Journey.Vodpod videos no longer available.